Thought I'd jump on for a moment before bed. I'm thinking that it's a good night to turn in early.
Tommorrow night I'm going with my friend James to see The Passion of the Christ. I'm a little weary of how it's going to go down, meaning my reaction. I've got a real strange/odd feeling towards God as of late. Maybe this will change it all...I'm not sure. I've talked to people who have seen it already and the general consensus is that you will leave kind of speechless and drained, it's just that emotional and overwhelming. Will I feel strange or bad if I don't feel that way when I leave? Because I'm "estranged" as it were right now from the faith, will it have less of an impact on me? I hope not, I don't want to feel bad about it all. I'm going in to it with an open mind. It is a movie--it's supposed to be larger than life. I already know the story behind it--and I know what happened, I am fully aware of how it ends (no suspense here!) and I can appreciate it without having to see it on the cineplex screen. It doesn't take away nor add to the fact that Jesus was crucified--and died so that we may live.
I don't need Mel Gibson to show me, but bravo for trying.
On a side note....don't you hate it when you're disappointed. My mom has always (always) told me that if you give people the chance they will in fact disappoint you. It's not that they mean to necessarily, they just will. I've been disappointed this week by one of the very few people in this world that I thought was truly good. Long story short--he slept with someone, someone he said he would never do that with because a. she has issues, b. he doesn't do that sort of thing (he's not in to her that way), and 3. just because. I always thought of him as the kind of person who was just..better than that. It's not the sex, hell--you can poke anyone you want to whenever you want to however you want to for all I care...just don't say you don't do that...don't put on a front that you're just better than that...and then do it.
Oy..wrong again.
One Phat Grrl
onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

<< Home